Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Things to look forward to!

Bus-y [biz-ee]

Adjective, bus-i-er, bus-i-est, verb, bus-ied, bus-y-ing

Adjective

1.       Actively and attentively engaged in work or a pastime: busy with her work

2.       Not at leisure; otherwise engaged: He couldn’t see any visitors because he was busy.

3.       Full of or characterized by activity: a busy life

Yeap, that just about describes what my life is going to be like for the next two weeks.  Today was so busy that I just finished my homework at 12 AM.  Although my day was busy it was also a fun day.  My alarm clock going off in the AM didn’t make me very happy, and it usually doesn’t take me long to be completely awake and ready to start my day.  Today I was feeling pretty sluggish.  Especially since I could barely get out of my bed.  Saturday night was the Regent Christmas ball and after dancing for 2 and a half hours straight my legs are a little (actually a lot) on the sore side.  I could barely walk this morning and was not happy when I remembered I needed to dress professional today and wear heels.  I am sure that me trying to go down the stairs in heels and sore calves was a funny sight this morning.

I had to dress professional because today I began the process of my 10 hours of observations I have to complete this week for my Introduction to teaching class.  I have been so excited about starting my observations.  After classes I rushed back to my room, made a sandwich, grabbed the paperwork I needed, sat in the car for what seemed like forever waiting for my GPS to find a satellite and finally was on my way to Luxford Elementary to observe the Kindergarten classroom.  Boy was I ever in for a treat.  The entire thing made me so excited to start teaching!!  I had so much fun!  The teacher I was assigned to was very nice and took time to sit down with me and answer any question I had for her.  I had tons!!  The kids were absolutely adorable and made me miss my job at the daycare center back home.  I have no idea how the teachers can keep such a straight face all the time because there were a few times that those kids had me laughing hysterically.  They truly do say the funniest things ever!!  Because I am having a hard time deciding exactly what grade I want to teach, this kind of helped me to have a better idea what levels of learning certain grades are on.  I took in everything, including all of the awesome decorations this teacher had up in her classroom, storing it away for future ideas when I have a class of my own.  I cannot wait to do more observations this week and to learn more about becoming a teacher.  Doing these types of things really lights that passion I have inside of me for teaching and for kids.  I am so excited about my future. 

Because of the time I am spending in classes and at Luxford Elementary school doing observations, it is causing me to not be able to get homework done until late in the day, which lead to late nights of studying.  But I have a very early morning tomorrow and a long day ahead of me, so I need to go and get some shut eye!

Goodnight! 


No comments:

Post a Comment