Saturday, December 10, 2011

Just a few thoughts before bed

I’ve learned that how well your observation hours go all depends on the teacher you are placed with.  It is either going to be super awkward, or you’re going to love it and learn so much.  Thankfully my experience was the later.  I absolutely loved it and learned so much.  I was placed with the most amazing teacher who I admire so much.  She made teaching and handling situations in the classroom look so easy.  She absolutely amazed me.  On Friday I had to complete 4 hours.  So, I got up at 6 AM, fought traffic and made it there just in time to get my 4 hours done.  I was there over lunch time and sat next to this little boy who was full of questions for me.  “What’s your favorite food?”  What’s your favorite drink?”  “How old are you?”  “What time does the bell ring at your school?”  He was so cute and so funny.  He didn’t really understand the concept of college and so I was explaining to him that after college is when you get a job and start working.  He looked at me and said “Wow! When I am in college you’re gonna have a job!!” I sure would hope so! ; ) 

So, our school supports an organization called Invisible Children.  There is an invisible war in Africa that is led by a man by the name of Joseph Kony and he is terrorizing 4 different countries.  It is the longest running conflict on the continent and the soldiers are children that Joseph Kony has abducted and forced to fight.  Invisible Children is a movement seeking to end this conflict and bring the children back to their homes.  Invisible Children is seeking to rebuild their schools, educate future leaders, and to provide jobs in Northern Uganda.  In order to raise money for Invisible Children our school hosted a walk-in lock-in at a nearby school.  We paid to participate and the money is going to be used towards Invisible Children.  At 10 last night a group of us from Regent walked over to the school and stayed up all night long and returned to school at 8 AM.  We had an amazing time of Praise and Worship that I will not soon forget.  There is nothing like singing music to God in a gym with a ton of your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.  I met lots of new people, which was nice.  It was a really great night.  Once 6 AM hit, staying awake became very difficult and only a handful of people stayed up, me being one of them.  As soon as I got back to school I crashed and slept for a good while.

Unfortunately after I woke up, I had finals to worry about.  School is now going to get even more hectic than last week.  I have exams on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  I was working on my History final and was so overwhelmed by the insane study guide given to me by my teacher.  There are 65 short answer questions that I have to be able to answer Who? What? Where? Why?, and When? about, and then I also have to be able to give the historical importance of the term.  Well, after figuring out all of this information each answer is about 10 lines long.  Then there are also 5 essay questions.  And, did I mention only 5 short answer questions and 2 essay questions are going to be on the exam?  I don’t know how I will even have time to study for my other exams with this one on my plate. 

Well, I am off to bed because I can hardly keep my head up and it hurts from all of the memorizing. 

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment