Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas is the best!!!

At the moment, I am having a hard time putting down my Mom’s chex mix long enough to type up a blog post.  It’s so good!  One of the best things about Christmas time is all of the yummy food there is to eat! I am so excited about the holidays.  The one thing that would make this perfect would be if my Dad were here.  We only have 46 days left!!! How exciting!!

Yesterday I finished off the rest of my finals and I am officially done with my first semester at Regent University.  What a good feeling.  I love my school so much! I am so thankful that that is where I am right now.  I feel like even though it is a Christian school I am still being challenged so much in my walk with God.  After all, you shouldn’t just take something you hear for what it is, but you should always dig deep into God’s word and look it up for yourself.  I would much rather be challenged than not, therefore, Regent is the best school ever.  Not to mention, the people there are awesome!!

Last night me and Hayley and my Mom went with our choir to a retirement home to sing Christmas carols.  There was a woman there who was 102 years old.  Isn’t that unbelievable?  It was so fun singing there and I couldn’t stop thinking about how I wished I were singing Christmas carols at my Grandmas nursing home just for her.  I miss her and wish we were able to see her more often.

Over Christmas break I was supposed to work some.  I stopped working after I started school but was going to work over my Christmas break to keep my name in the payroll system so that once summer hit, I wouldn’t have to get rehired.  If I haven’t mentioned it before, I work at Kinder Care Learning Center.  It is the best job ever! I love it so much! The kids are so much fun.  I have kept a journal since I was 9 years old and was looking back in one of them one day and read that I said that I hoped when I got a job it would be a job that I loved so much and that I would never dread going into work every day.  That is exactly what Kinder Care was for me.  A job I loved and was so passionate about!! And it made me so certain that I am studying the right thing in school and I want to be a teacher more than anything.  Unfortunately yesterday I got some sad news.  My boss let me know that the managers of Kinder Care have become stricter that usual and said that anyone who hasn’t work for 24 hours within the last quarter should be booted from the payroll system.  I lost my job at Kinder Care.  I was devastated.  My dream come true job is no longer mine.  I know that my boss would hire me back in a heartbeat, but I would not be hired soon enough to be able to work over my break.  But, I will most definitely be stopping by sometime soon so that I can see everyone and all of my little kiddos. 

Tonight is the dress rehearsal for our Christmas cantata at church.  It is going to be a swell time!  I better go get ready for that!  Adios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment