Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Everyday is a great day with God by my side

I had more observation hours today and it went great.  I took tons of notes, and not because I had to but because I wanted to.  This teacher has so many good ideas and I don’t want to forget any of them.  I watched the kids during their PE this morning and they ran around this huge track and I must say I was impressed.  I told this kid that he ran really fast and he looked at me and said “No I didn’t! It took me like, 60 years!!”  Somebody has picked up on exaggeration early in life. ; )  Another kid asked me what my name was and I when I told HIM (keep in mind, this was a boy, not a girl!) it was Jana he said “Hmmm…it sound just like Hannah Montana.”    Not exactly the kind of person I want to be compared to, and not the response I expected out of a 5 year old boy.  Hahaha!  I look forward to what kind of funny stuff I will hear them say, because they are hilarious!!

I have to get a background check done for my observation hours I am doing and today I had to go to the Police Department to get fingerprinted.  It was quite the adventure.  It was so cool seeing police officers come out of the building with shiny gold badges like they wear in the movies.  It also was kinda freaky though, because there were lots of strange people around that made me quite uncomfortable.  Let’s just say that police stations have come a long way since Andy Griffith.  Once I finally found my way to the office upstairs, gave the man my ID and was handed the paperwork, the man decided to tell me they only accepted cash.  This was going to be a problem.  I ended up having to go to City Hall across the street because they had an ATM.  This is about when I started to get frustrated because I forgot my pin number AGAIN and had to call my sister to remind me what it was but I could hardly hear her because just about every employee in City Hall was standing in front of a huge Christmas tree in the lobby wearing a bright red or green sweater singing Christmas carols.  Finally I got what I needed and was able to go and get fingerprinted.  I have to say some of the coolness was diminished when I found out they just scan your hand these days and you don’t get to use good ole black ink, but it was still cool enough.  It’s something I have never done before, so it was fun even though it did make me feel like a criminal or something. 

I had my last lecture today for my History class I have been taking this semester.  I am so happy that I have no more lectures from Professor Xiong.  Can’t pronounce her name? Neither can her students.  In fact, nobody knows what she is saying half the time because of her thick accent.  It has made passing this class quite a challenge but I am hoping I can still make that happen.  Go figure I would end up with the teacher with an accent.  I am the worst at understanding accents.  Half the notes I take I end up scratching out because I can’t understand the key word in the sentence she is saying.  Hopefully next semester all of my teachers will speak very clear English.  : )

I talked to my grandpa on the phone today.  It was so great to talk to him and hear how well he and my grandma are doing.  It was really funny because he was upset I didn’t call him on his new cell phone.  I think he is really excited about having one because I told him I didn’t even know his number but I would get it from my Mom and he said “Can I give it to you right now?”  But he made sure to tell me not to ever leave him a message because he doesn’t know how to check his voicemail.  He said, “If I don’t answer just hang up, don’t even worry about leaving me a message because I won’t ever hear it.”  Haha! He is so funny! 

Thank you Lord for a busy yet fun and adventurous day! Because every day is a good day with you by my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment