Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Math, Meetings & Sunshine

So, let me just begin this post by stating the fact that I am not good at Math.  I am not good at the subject, but I also am not fond of my class either because it holds so much embarrassment for me.  My teacher allows all of the students in class to use this website called mathway.com where you type in your math problem and it gives you the answer.  It gives no explanation of how it got the answer; it just gives it to you just like that.  She always says “you’re going to use websites like that when you have to use math in everyday life so why not use it now?”  I have to say, I am glad she feels that way because it makes getting an A on a math assignment about 1,000 times easier.  However, when we get to class on Monday and Wednesday morning and she wants us to put problems up on the board, I have no idea how to even begin to solve them because I used that website.  Therefore, I always look like an idiot because I don’t ever know the answers, and I am in class with all kinds of business majors and other people that are geniuses at math.  Today I worked so hard and finally got the right answer on the problem that was assigned to me (or so I thought) and went to put it up on the board only to discover I did the wrong one.  And might I add the teacher didn’t have a problem with telling all of my classmates this.  The problem I was supposed to do, I never figured out and when I asked the girl sitting next to me for help she looked at me like I was stupid.  Onto another embarrassing math story….(I could go on forever with these, I have a lot!)

Every time we have class a student has to give a devotion before class starts.  Monday was my turn.  Over Thanksgiving break one of my Facebook friends posted a video that was really amazing and I knew immediately that that was what I wanted to share for my devotion.  A man by the name of Zac Smith was diagnose with cancer and basically the video is him giving his testimony and he talks about how he doesn’t know how long he is going to live or if he will win his battle with cancer, but whether he lives or dies he knows that God is GOOD! I loved it because I thought it taught such a good lesson on not taking things for granted and living every day as if it were your last.  Apparently my classmates didn’t agree with me.  They thanked me for sharing such a depressing video to start off class with.  I guess maybe they didn’t see the message that I saw through the video?  Afterwards I sat back down and started nervously playing with my earrings only to discover I was wearing two different ones.  One small gold hoop and one big silver one.  I know they all thought I was ridiculous.  Hahaha!  This class makes me very eager for Christmas break. 

I had a meeting tonight at school.  It was for all Elementary education majors.  It was very informative but made me so overwhelmed about all that I have ahead of me.  But, I am so glad that I even know what I want to do with my life.  I see so many people that are in that struggle of determining what they want to major in and do with their lives and my heart aches for them because it’s such a huge decision.  That is when I stop and thank God that He has always placed that desire in my heart to be a teacher.  I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember.

Everyone here at Regent has been so busy because finals are coming up.  I have so many projects due and exams to study for in the weeks ahead of me.  But I know that when it all is done I get to go home for a break.  I can’t believe that in the two short weeks I have home for Christmas break we celebrate Christmas and New Years.  Time is going so fast and I can’t believe this year is almost over and before I know it I will soon be done with my 3rd year of college. 

Today I was very thankful for the sunshine.  Yesterday was such a cold and wet day.  Every time I see that it is raining outside I put on my rain boots and the sun always ends up coming out and there aren’t any puddles and I just look, well, dumb.  So yesterday I didn’t put them on because it didn’t look like it was raining anymore and boy was I ever wrong. It was raining so much and my feet got absolutely soaked.  I’ve decided I will always wear rain boots if I see even the slightest bit of rain because having dry feet is so much better than having wet shoes and sitting through hours of classes freezing your butt off.   

This will have to be the end of my blog for tonight.  I gave myself only a short break from writing my paper to do something fun and this is what I chose to do, and now I must get back to homework. ..      

No comments:

Post a Comment