Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Me and my bright ideas...NOT!


My brilliant ideas never quite turn out how I imagined them to.  If you know me well, then you know I hate exercising.  It just is boring to me and I never feel good afterwards.  It always makes me miserable because I get sore and I always just feel….well, blah! So the other day I decided that I was going to start working out.  After all, it is quite pathetic that my arms are sore after carrying groceries to my dorm room on the second floor.  Ok, not quite pathetic, VERY!!! So I started this morning.  I got up extra early and went down to the gym.  It was kinda awkward going into our small school gym to exercise and finding some of the boy’s football team intensely working out.  It made me feel even more pathetic that I was lifting tiny weights and breaking a sweat over it.  After working out I REALLY remembered why I hate working out. I felt like I was going to puke! It was not fun. So, needless to say, I am trying to decide if I will keep this up. Hopefully after a couple of weeks of working out my body will get used to my new hobby and I will have some muscle. ; )

I am really trying to work on not judging people before I really get to know them.  When I walked into class this morning there was a whole row of guys sitting at their usual table and sitting in front of them was one girl who was turned around facing them and flirting an insane amount with every one of them.  I kept rolling my eyes and thinking about how obnoxious it was to sit there having to listen to her flirt.  But then, I thought to myself:  Jana, you don’t even know this girl.  You have no clue what her life is like at home, outside of school.  Maybe this girl has a really rough life at home.  She might not even have a Dad.  What if she is just dying for some sort of male figure to pay attention to her because she’s never had someone make her feel special or loved.  You really can use that saying “Never judge a book by its cover” in any situation, including mine with this young girl.  I’ve decided that instead of judging people, I should pray for them instead.

That just about sums up my thoughts for today. I am now off to soak my aching muscles in a nice hot bath.    

No comments:

Post a Comment