Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Intial blog post

Welcome to my first official blog. I feel like I have erased and re-written this so many times. I guess it is nerves because I have never made a blog before and am a little frightened about posting things about myself on the World Wide Web. It also is very hard to give a nut shell of your entire life in one short introductory blog. I guess I can give this a try….


I am a middle child (sort of). I have twin sisters that are 22 and a younger brother that is 16, so I am in the middle of them. Me, Hayley and Heidi are all college students at a university in Virginia Beach. Hayley is taking online classes from home and me and Heidi are roommates in the dorms up at school, which is only 30-45 minutes away. Just enough to feel like you’re on your own, but close enough to go home whenever you want! I also have a younger brother, Nathan. Everyone always says “poor guy” because he has grown up with 3 older sisters, but honestly, I think he loves it. ; ) And I always say he will make a great boyfriend one day because he won’t mind watching chick-flicks with his girlfriend after putting up with them all these years.


My parents…words cannot even describe. I have the best parents in the entire world, and I know everyone says that, but for real, it’s true!! My Mom is so loving and caring of others and always puts them first. She homeschooled all of us kids and had so much patience with us. She is the most amazing cook, and I am trying my best to be more like that, even if I burn down the Regent dorm rooms in the process. My Dad is a Chaplain in the United States Army. He is actually serving a year term in Afghanistan right now. He has been there since February of this year and comes home February 2012. It is less than 3 months away now and I am so excited! My Dad is the most Godly person I know. He always knows just what to say to make everything better. And I love his passion for God and to share His love with other people. Put them together and you have the best parents in the entire world!


I am studying to be an Elementary Education teacher. I am so excited because my love for kids grows more and more every day. They are so funny and I can’t wait to have my own class room and students one day. Although I want to live and teach in Virginia, this isn’t where I was born and raised, which brings next, the question I dread for people to ask me. “Where are you from?” It’s so complicated because although I was born in Tennessee, I actually lived in Arkansas but all of my family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) live in Louisiana because that is where my parents are from. People try and tell me I have a country accent, but I don’t believe them. ; ) But, I can see how it could be true since I have never lived out of the south. Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Georgia….we just can’t get away from the good ole south.


Well, that about sums up me right now. I hope when you guys read my blogs that you take something from it, whether it be a good laugh or a new insight to my ever growing love for God. I am so excited about all of this. I have been journaling since I was 9 years old and I am excited to share little bits with all of you!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to follow your posts :)

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Jana! I am excited about keeping informed with your life and adventures. Can't wait to see what God does through your blog! :-) You do have the coolest family ever too! Love you all!

    Stacy Ruska

    ReplyDelete